Sunday, February 5, 2012

241 Tote

One of my 2012 goals is to sew more.

So far I'm not doing so bad.  Along with my Figure 8 Scarf I finished this "late" Christmas gift for my best friend Steph in the second week of January. (and that is when I actually started writing this post)

I've been looking at this pattern for a while and have seen a lot of great bags posted to pinterest lately. So when I read that someone loved it for holding sippy cuts and bottles I knew it would make a great everyday bag for Steph. (because she just had a baby and will be needing to lug bottles and sippy cups, she doesn't use them herself)

The pattern was easy to follow and I think the hardest part is choosing fabrics, cause you get to pick so many! The pattern is also written with two different versions.  One with pockets (which I choose) and one with two side zippers which I'm definitely going to try out at some point. 


The Main Fabric is from the Good Folks line from Anna Maria Horner, I've had it in my stash for a while waiting for something to showcase the main panel, and this was perfect.  I paired it with some Kona Navy and some grey that I had in my stash.


I definitely love the outside pockets on this bag, they are great for holding a water bottle or your keys.  I also put a pocket inside as well as a magnetic snap closure. 

Overall its a great tote bag, and I'm hoping Steph will get a lot of use out of it for either lugging around baby stuff for Ben, or just a great overall bag for herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment