Monday, May 10, 2010

Whoa.

Sometimes life just gets away from you.  

And no matter how hard you try to keep up, you feel like you just keep hitting the ground.  Then end of March and most of April were like that for me.  I'm going to choose to just put it behind me and move on.  I'm not even going to tell you my excuses reasoning's on why the month was like that.  Let's just chalk it up to a few bad decisions (on my part) and the rest of it was just life. 

But seriously there were a few very exciting things that were going on at the same time. We are DEFINITELY buying a house and we're going to be on TV.  My dad has been saying for a while, we should apply to HGTV's Property Virgins.  How it would be "such a great experience for new home buyers" and "that we are sure to get a lot of knowledge from it" and the fact that we'd get to be on TV.  So the last weekend in March I sent off a quick email giving all the info they required, and honestly never thinking they'd email/ call. 

The next morning (a Sunday!) we get a call.  I think we were both incredibly shocked.  Okay its one thing to write an email and say ya we want to be on your show.  It's a whole other thing when they write you back and say we want you to be on our show.  There was a few things we had to do before they could officially approve us - but we made it through all the stages, and we can officially call our selves Property Virgins!

So on top of the show we actually get to buy a house - that is the truly exciting part.  We've been out the last two weekends and it's weird.  I mean i've had to search for a new apartment almost every year for the last 10 years, but house hunting that's different. 

This is going to be ours we can do whatever we want to it/ with it. And I can't wait.  We have already been through the offer/bidding war once. 
This is us waiting out in our car, on what was a very humid Sunday night. (this was one week ago, yesterday it snowed. oh spring, please stop playing with my emotions.) We lost out on it because of conditions - but we're okay with that.  There are a ton of houses out there.

Okay I think that's enough for one post right now.  I'll be back with my March and April crafty round ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment